Sunday, January 31, 2016

Day 4 Day in Tokyo




Day 4 Day in Tokyo

THU-04-FEB-2016
6:00AM landed in NRT from CGK in 777-300ER. Sat in exit row.  Was a good seat.  Middle seat next to me was vacant.  Guy in window seat was quiet and slept most of the time.  This 777-300ER exit door does not leak cold air.  I wonder what they did to get it right.  Unlike the HKG-CGK CX flight, there from CGK-NRT, hardly anyone used the bathroom and the bathroom was spotless.  It reminded me of the first class bathroom at the front of the plane, it is very large.  The door is different.  That folds, this is single outward-swinging door.  The FA's went in and cleaned it probably every 30 minutes.  I don't see other airlines' FA clean bathrooms or pick stuff the floor in the aisles.   
 



Went to transit area
JAL said AA desk not open
I asked if I could go to to the JAL first class lounge and wait since I was an Emerald. They called and said yes


Had another breakfast 
 

Now it is about 11AM and I just had a whole bunch of sushi from the sushi bar

I had a shower and got rid of all that 100% humidity from CGK. 

Then a free massage of the back and shoulders. That was great.

The JAL staff came over and said I can go get my AA boarding pass now from the Admiral's Club.  It is over by gate 71.

I forgot there is an Admirals Club here (you have to go downstairs).  I came here several years ago.  It is very large but you are looking at the bar area and the food is meager.  It is really pittyful.  The place is empty, no wonder no one wants to be here.  Everyone wants to be in the JAL lounge where I am.  Why is AA spending so much money to mantain this lounge but won't put out a bit more for some decent food?  Makes no sense.


 
Massage chair.  This was quite good.  I am surprised they can make something like that that is helpful.

Computers and office space.  I sat at the computer to the left most of the day.

Quiet areas to sit in.  That is my jacket on the long couch to the right.  I commandered the only long couch as I wanted to take a nap but I have been too busy to take a nap.  I will sleep on the plane.

Add-ons for miso soup and other stuff

Fried rice and dumplings


 
Bakery items


All the free alcohol one can drink


Cheese





Meatballs and pasta for lunch


Boarded AA60 flight NRT-DFW non-stop.  It is an old 777-200 and has slanted seats - not lie-flat seats.



THU-04-FEB-2016

Landed in DFW same day as we took off from Narita





No comments:

Post a Comment