Sunday, January 31, 2016

Day 1 DFW-HKG


2016-02-01 Dallas to Hong Kong to Jakarta to Tokyo to Dallas


LEAVE MON FEB 1

RETURN THU FEB 4





Flight heading west.  I picked the right side of the plane with a window seat so I can look out and look for auroras.


Look at the green circle below, you can see we should be able to see them





Flight coming back



MON-01-FEB-2016
The trip begins.  Start with a shower and relax at the Admiral's Club. What a nice surprise. Got an invitation to the FlagShip Lounge. Found out in D terminal, thy closed the smoking lounge (can't smell a thing) and there is tons of free food and drinks. 


These smoothies are really good


Steel-cut oatmeal



There was a line for the showers. I had a 20 minute wait. They gave me a pager and took my boarding pass. By the time I got my turn, it was time to board. So the shower was quick. I didn't even have time to dry my hair


Boarded AA 137 DFW-HKG, a 777-300ER.  AA has 18 of these now. 

Very nice seat in the first row


Here is my seat

Here is the cabin in front of the curtain

The food self-service galley is right next to me so I can get as much as I want to eat. Plus the very large bathroom is right here too (on the other side of the exit door) so I can't hear it or won't have people standing around me but I will have easy access to it. 



Welcome drinks

17 hour trip, over 8,000 miles. I had 5 Hong Kong trips last year. 


Ok. Door is closed. Ready to go. How exciting. The adventure begins. The journey is more important than the destination



I preselected my meal but here is the menu














The service is nothing like First Class on Japan Airlines. I brought my JAL First Class pajamas. 



TUE-02-FEB-2016
Landed in Hong Kong












No comments:

Post a Comment